Thursday, August 30

Worth a Share

Here are some things I have found on the interwebs that tickled my funny bone, made me smile, or brought me to tears. Or any other number of worthwhile responses.


Blogs:

My good friend Jaimie Dawn Krycho describes her apartment complex in a manner that simultaneously makes me want to live there and makes me want to not. I imagine boring days are rare.

A beautiful insight from my sister-in-law. I'm glad to have her back here for now, but I know she loves her Arcata.

Another one from my friend and former classmate, Jaimie Dawn, who is apparently nearly ready to find an agent for her novel!

The Year of Less blog hit on a little gem I needed regarding gifts and stuff, and not being overrun by them. Encouraging without chastising. Beauty.

Art:

I think I'm adopting a mission to always be on the lookout for art. A couple months ago I found the painting La Mer by Vladimir Volegov, and I just love it. And basically all that I've found by Volegov.

Speaking of art, lightning-hand time lapse videos are fun, whether it's for something large and photographic or something smaller and cartoonish. Somehow I don't think it would be quite as cool to watch a time lapse of a writer. Though the facial expressions at high speed might entertain.

Stories:

This one takes a while to get through, but I think Legend of Zelda: The Return is the best fanfiction I've ever read, especially if you're a fan of the games.


What have you found that's worth a share? Let me know in a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Not to be picky, but the link to my blog post is actually another link to Jamie's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, so sorry. Fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  2. Reason #1240 to get married: Pyrex and (if lucky) a stand-alone mixer in shower gifts.

    I am with you. We should eat chocolate together and mope-encourage each other sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I hadn't thought of that!

      I'm in! I'll bring my Snuggie and chocolate bars.

      Delete