Wednesday, January 15

We Heart Books, a Virtual Book Exchange!


We Heart Books


Yay! I just submitted my form to participate in the We Heart Books, a virtual book exchange!  I found out about it thanks to the lovely Leigh Kramer, and immediately knew I wanted to participate. I just wasn't sure if I could follow through. Something about doubting senses and gravy and...nevermind. Thing is, I'm in and I'm excited! I can hardly wait to find out who I'm matched up with and get him or her a book!

If a book swap sounds like something up your alley, there's still time to join in. The basic idea is to decide if you prefer paperback or ebook, fill out the form, wait for your match, and then find a new or gently used book under $10 to swap away! (Paperbacks are an option for United States and Canada residents. International folks should check the ebook box.) The form opened up on Monday and will be available through Saturday, the 18th.

In addition to this being a crazy, cool idea that spans a huge area, my favorite part may be the welcome (without being required) open-endedness of creativity in your package if you want to ship a paperback yourself.

I'm not really looking for a must-have book, although I was thinking of that Doctor Who: 11 Doctors, 11 Stories paperback (over $10, though), but I'm excited for sure to see if I'm given a new love. And I'm tickled to be part of an exchange of this size. I love it when the world is large and the world is small and I am part of it with many others. It makes me feel alive.

See all the details and awesomeness our three hostesses, Emily, Kalyn, and Katie, put together over here at the We Heart Books site.


Are you in? What's on your wishlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment